Polk County Government

Pawn Brokers

Titling a Vehicle

To title and register your new vehicle, the owner must provide proof of residency, or in the case of a commercial vehicle, physical presence. While a bona fide resident or commercial business owner may use a mail service provider (post office box address) to receive incoming mail, they may not use this address as the sole basis for establishing a bona fide residence or physical presence and you will need to submit to your resident county clerk the following:

To title and register a used vehicle, submit to your resident county clerk the following:

Please note: You will need to provide proof of identification and proof of residency when titling and registering your vehicle.

**If your car is financed and titled in one of the following states, you must have your title:

These states are not title holding states; the titles are mailed to the owner rather than the lien holder