Fill out your Marriage Application Online!
Download the marriage application (to print)
Requirements for Marriage in the State of Tennessee are as follows:
- The licenses are good for 30 days in any state or country.
- There are no blood tests and no waiting period if over 18.
- A valid driver license or picture ID is required.
- Both parties have to be present unless one is incarcerated or incapacitated.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
- Marriage requirements for juveniles 16 or 17 years of age:
- Both parents must be present at time of application.
- The parents must present a picture ID & child's Birth Certificate.
- Juveniles under 16 years of age must have a court order.
- Premarital Counseling is recommended
- The price is $37.50 with premarital counseling.
- The price is $97.50 without premarital counseling.
Copies of Marriage Certificates may be obtained at the County Clerk's office or by mail for $5.00 each ($2.00 mail fee).