Requirements to Apply for a Dealer License
- An approved building facility physically separate from all other buildings, with office furniture and a working telephone (cell or mobile phone not acceptable as primary line).
- A vehicle display area large enough to fit 15 vehicles.
- To meet the sign requirements of a minimum letter height (per ordinance), permanently installed, and visible from the road.
- A garage facility or a service agreement with a nearby garage.
- Certificate of Liability Insurance (minimum $60,000)
- Business tax license
- Sales tax identification number
- Personal and/or financial check disclosure
- Financial statement prepared by a CPA
- Zoning compliance
- Franchise agreement letter from the manufacturer
- Two-year surety bond or letter of credit (original)
Also if applicable:
- Stockholders update
- City tax license
- Corporate charter
- Warranty rate form
New vehicle dealer: $200, per line make
New motorcycle dealer: $200, per line make
Salesperson or change of employer endorsement: $35
RV dealer: $2
Factory distributor representative: $200
Automobile auction: $400
Used vehicle dealer: $200
Used motorcycle dealer: $200
Motor vehicle show permit: $100
Manufacturer, distributor, factory branch, or distributor branch: $800
Auto dismantler and recycler: $200
All duplicate licenses: $25